Jes Gordon’s namesake company jesGORDON/properFUN, provides high end, personal event design and management with loads of signature style. Her first book, Party Like A Rock Star (Globe Pequot Press), provides everyone with the tools they need to throw the party of their dreams, regardless of their budget.
Gordon was the Design Mentor on Bravo’s “Rocco’s Dinner Party.” Each week, Gordon aided the competing chefs in creating a memorable dinner party experience that went well beyond the cuisine.
Gordon’s innate eye for color was first noticed at thirteen when she stumbled into the industry as an assistant to a floral designer. By the time she reached her junior year at Bard College, she had a blooming floral business. Gordon went on to open a contemporary art gallery and flower shop in Taos, New Mexico, and later moved to New Orleans to work on set designs for films, including “Interview with a Vampire” and “Dead Man Walking.”
In 1992, Gordon became the Events and Decor Director for the infamous Tavern on the Green restaurant in New York. Her work at Tavern on the Green led to private commissions for celebrities including Madonna, Barbara Streisand, Harrison Ford, Nicolas Cage, John F. Kennedy Jr., Woody Allen, Mel Gibson, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Sting, and Elton John, among others.
Gordon now applies her eye for design and passion for the unexpected to her event design and production firm. Gordon has created captivating corporate events for Target, Tommy Hilfiger, Nissan, Budweiser, Rowenta, Swatch, King World Media, Lifetime Channel, and many others. She also continues to dazzle brides and socialites alike with dream weddings and private affairs. With a strong base in New York, she expanded her horizons to the west coast with a Los Angeles-based office and continues to work all over the world.
Awards and Accolades:
- Biz Bash Names Jes Gordon Among the Top 35 Event Designers in North America
- The Knot Best of Weddings Award, 2012
- ISES Big Apple Award 2009
- Headline speaker at Engage! 2012 in Las Vegas
- Featured “Bouquet of the Day” designer with a prominent window display in the 2012 Macy’s Flower Show
- Inducted into Biz Bash’s Hall of Legends by ISES in 2011
- Entertaining expert for Us Weekly, Cosmopolitan, Bridal Guide, Style Channel, and E! Channel’s “Countdown To The Altar”
- Featured guest on Oprah Radio Sirius, Cosmo Radio, the Martha Stewart Channel, Broadminded, and Hello Giggles
- Contributor to Fine Living
- Visiting professor at Bard College, professor at The Event Leadership Institute, and career mentor at Millbrook Prep School
After planning thousands of weddings for other couples, Gordon married Bill Marmor in 2009 at the Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara. Gordon splits her time between the east and west coasts and would rather hang out in the Lower West Side of Manhattan or in Venice, California than anywhere else in the world.
A true dog lover, Gordon adores her blonde Boston Terrier, Ruckus. Jes boxes, plays the drums, and is an avid collector of contemporary art. She is fiercely devoted to her community in both New York and Los Angeles, and is involved with several charitable organizations.