Company: Started in 1981, AlliedPRA is an award-winning, full-service destination management company providing clients with a professional service resource in designing and executing destination programs. We currently have 25+ offices throughout the United States. Our services include Special Events, Transportation, Activities, Sightseeing Tours, Program Logistics, Team Building Events, Decor and Entertainment Options. Office environment is friendly, relaxed, progressive and challenging.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Design & Event Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative and operational duties, including assisting in proposal development, scheduling field staff for programs, and assisting in the design and execution of events as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks status of upcoming programs from Weekly/Monthly Operations Assignment Report, gathering program information to assist Event Producers with program assignments. Once a program is assigned to an Event Producer, update calendar for program assignments and field staff schedules.
- Determines field staff work assignments, based on program schedule and staffing needs.
- Contacts the field staff with their works schedules, at least 60 days in advance when possible.
- Responsible for maintaining field staff database, field staff personnel files and pay rates.
- Coordinates and processes all field staff paperwork involving compensation including timesheets, expense reports, and pay rate change forms.
- Maintains inventory of field staff uniforms and materials and coordinates purchases of additional uniforms and equipment as required.
- Assists with advancing, dispatching, etc. of field staff and tours, as requested.
- Assists Event Producers with completion of paperwork, such as trip sheets, check requests, service agreements, invoicing, job costing, etc.
- Assists Experience Designers with program development according to specifications of client.
- Assists in the preparation of sales proposals, contracts and correspondence before being sent to client.
- Provides backup support to Event Producers and Experience Designers by assisting with program development. May include program development, cost preparation, program summaries/deposit invoices, service agreements, and related correspondence.
- Provides back up support to Sales and Marketing Coordinator with regard to phone coverage.
- At least (1) year work experience in a DMC, incentive travel, event planning company, or related field, in an operations capacity.
- A college degree or certificate in event planning or related field is helpful.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Extensive computer knowledge including database, word processing (40 words per minute), spreadsheet development using
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate with multiple suppliers, internal staff and Field Staff during program development stages.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to track status of programs.
- Ability to communicate through email, cellular phone, pager, Nextel with Field Staff and suppliers.
- Knowledge of local area attractions, hotels, parks and other venues.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Works well with management, peers, clients, suppliers and guide staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays.
- Ability to work within deadline constraints and set priorities.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to direct and manage Field Staff through assignments.
- Possess a professional manner and appearance when representing AlliedPRA with clients, supplier/partners, and/or the community.
- Professional skills in public relations, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities and work assignments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of business ethics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a typical office situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, using them to handle, operate a computer, and reach.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk in this position.
- They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays.
This position is frequently required to travel within the local destination market to which assigned. The following requirements apply:
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi-day site inspections with sales managers and clients.
- Ability to travel to other AlliedPRA office locations by vehicle, airplane.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties.
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy.
To apply for this job please visit alliedpra.isolvedhire.com.