Director, Event Content and Programming
U.S. Chamber of Commerce | Events Team
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the nation’s premier voice for business, and the Chamber’s events team amplifies this voice to reach key stakeholders across the country through the production of live events, ranging from intimate salons to multiday executive retreats to industry thought leadership tentpoles. Our full life cycle internal event agency brings these programs to life, with a team of 20+ professionals across program management, content development, logistics and production, design, and audience marketing.
We are seeking an enterprising editorial leader to join us and develop a variety of events on issues facing business. We’re looking for a creative and confident storyteller who can translate complex policy issues into original, event experiences. The director will lead the content creation for our marquee programs (15-20 per year) and will partner with internal colleagues and external clients to build new opportunities and share best practices.
- Lead the content development and execution for the Chamber’s marquee convenings, from topic ideation, speaker recruitment, moderator preparation and on-site production.
- Serve as a critical member of the Chamber’s events and marketing teams, partnering with colleagues on event operations, sponsorship activation, and audience development.
- Play a front-of-business role to conceive of, package, and pitch new event opportunities in collaboration with the Chamber’s marketing team.
- Serve as an active consultant across the Chamber to encourage program innovation, share best practices, and deliver success and ROI.
- Be a generous and entrepreneurial leader and team contributor.
Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years’ relevant experience; deep editorial background, preferably with experience in broadcast journalism, media events, or agency environment; voracious consumer of current events and the newsmakers driving those stories, with an eye to uncovering new voices and trends; experience with live/broadcast production and stagecraft and a diverse multimedia skillset; creative and strategic thinker; ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels; persuasive communications skills and self-possession in presentation; exceptional writing, editing, and verbal skills; ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response; and entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.dcjobs.com.