The Director, Event Technology is responsible for the overall sales and operations management, as well as the revenue and profitability goals of assigned location(s). The Director, Event Technology ensures the team delivers world-class service, cultivates and maintains relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The Director, Event Technology promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. Act as on-site Technician for events. This role will manage less than two full-time team members.
Key Job Responsibilities
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Achieve PSAV’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively managing labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
- Understand and utilize operational and financial reports and complete standard and ad hoc reports accurately and on-time.
- Utilize the Company billing system to coordinate invoicing activities and makes certain that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
- See the Big Picture by leading the sales forecasting efforts at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Participate in business review presentations as needed, in collaboration with regional management.
- Review location P & L and develop action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business.
- Confirm venue partners process all payments to PSAV in a timely basis.
- Perform and/or direct daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes.
- Ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the venue, and in accordance to brand standards.
- Anticipate equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- See the Big Picture by efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
- Attend all operational venue meetings such as daily stand up meetings with venue operations staff.
- Maximize revenue opportunity for assigned customers by creating effective strategies for per-event revenue growth, including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations that convey the value of PSAV and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.psav.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
- Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Attend customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is accurate and working properly.
- Monitor events and check in on customers throughout the day.
- Portray a polished and professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards, and ensure the team adheres to the same standards.
- Understand the technical aspects of the job and apply basic to advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills to resolve equipment and software issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Effectively utilize applicable company computer systems.
- Act as on-site Technician for events.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Manage performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development.
- Manage human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning.
- Provide focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
- Train employees on PSAV standards for service and equipment, and ensure they are properly trained on company computer systems.
- Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed.
- Minimum of AA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of audiovisual technical experience, including at least one year of previous supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in the use of audiovisual equipment and company computer software and systems preferable.
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of audio visual experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment.
- Must be able to successfully complete Level 3 Skills training.
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware.
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office.
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members who may operate Company vehicles.
|Tech Savvy||Instill Trust|
|Physical Requirements||Hours Per Day||Lifting Requirements||Frequency|
|Sitting||2-3 hours||Lifting 0 – 15 lbs*||Frequently|
|Standing||4-5 hours||Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Walking||4-5 hours||Lifting 51 – 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Stooping||2-3 hours||Lifting Over 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Kneeling||2-3 hours||Carrying Requirements||Frequency|
|Bending||2-3 hours||Carrying 0 – 15 lbs*||Frequently|
|Reaching (above your head)||2-3hours||Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Climbing||0-1 hours||Carrying 51 – 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Grasping||4-5 hours||Carrying Over 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Auditory/Visual Requirements||Frequency||Pushing/Pulling Requirements||Frequency|
|Close Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 0 – 15 lbs*||Frequently|
|Distance Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Color Vision||Frequently||Pushing/Pulling 51 – 100 lbs*||Occasionally|
|Peripheral Vision||Occasionally||Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Depth Perception||Frequently||*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.|
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work is performed in a venue/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple venue locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit psav-hr.silkroad.com.