Website Solomon Group
Solomon Group is searching for a talented and experienced Director of Live Events to join our growing team.
The Director of Live Events is responsible for leading a team providing creative and innovative direction in development of projects, shows, and events from inception, show concept, production all the way to execution. The ideal candidate enjoys working with clients from diverse industries, handling multiple projects at once, excels at problem solving, and thrives in a deadline-driven environment. All while helping develop a world class team.
We are seeking a high-performer committed to delivering authentic, world-class experiences for our clients. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience directing live entertainment experiences which includes a variety of successful events produced in diverse environments. This is a full-time position based in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Oversight and general management of the Live Events Division;
- Deliver best-in-class experiences to exceed our clients expectations;
- Set the strategic direction and goals for the team;
- Lead a diverse team of professionals with emphasis on team development helping to achieve professional and personal goals. Teams include Production Operations, Production Design, Warehouse, and Event Operations teams;
- Have P&L ownership for the Live Events Division;
- Drafting production schedules;
- Ensuring that productions are cost-effective by optimizing resource utilization and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Partner in recruiting, Interviewing and hiring world class team members;
- Establishing and implementing standard operating procedures for all assigned productions;
- Work closely with other business unit heads to ensure consistent team performance and help create growth for team and company overall;
- Ensuring that all of the above processes result in a seamless execution of event productions.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience leading and effectively motivating a large team, coordinating work flow, motivating crews on-site, and enforcing strict deadlines;
- Extensive technical knowledge of live event production; including production / project management, creative and technical design, lighting, video, LED and audio systems;
- Ability to partner with clients to understand their vision and needs;
- understand client needs and vision to develop and deliver projects to exceed their objectives;
- The experience and ability to create and manage departmental and project-based production budgets;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
- The ability to maintain an even temperament under tight deadlines and stressful conditions;
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- The willingness to learn new software and master equipment outside of scope of experience;
- The ability to work well with others to create and maintain a positive work environment.
At Solomon Group, we work on several productions at once. So you must be quick on your feet, motivated, willing to travel, and enjoy new and creative ways to employ your skill set. A flexible schedule is also a must since most of our projects take place during nights, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive pay package
- Competitive benefits package; including health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Strong 401(k) plan with company match
- Unlimited paid time off plan
- Cell phone reimbursement, annual birthday bonus, paid parking and more
- Work for one of America’s fastest-growing companies
- Positive atmosphere at one of the area’s “Best Places to Work”
About Solomon Group
Solomon Group uses its unique art to bring stories to life through Live Events and Exhibits and Environments for a wide variety of national and international clients. For Live Events, we blend creative, design, and production that delivers effective, award-winning events. For Exhibits and Environments, we use our art of integrating exhibit fabrication with AV technology, offering a single-source solution that delivers unparalleled craftsmanship with efficiency.
Solomon Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The company has frequently been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine. And, for the past four years (2014-2017), Solomon Group has been listed on the Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
To be considered for this position, please fill out the Online Application below. You can attach your résumé and cover letter near the bottom of the application.
To apply for this job please visit www.solomongroup.com.