An elite, highly regarded and growing boutique financial services firm is seeking a Director of Operations to join their Network & Events team. This unique opportunity is a chance to join a growing team and work for an organization that sees their Network & Events department as a critical part of the business.
The Director of Operations manages overall operations for the Network Team and programs, with a holistic view of the annual calendar, status of individual programs, and staff workloads. This individual is responsible for helping the Chief Network Officer to manage across all activities and events ensuring smooth,high-level execution by supporting the development of the annual calendar of programs, staff assignments, allocation of other internal and external resources, and on-time completion of elements of event planning and follow up.
The Director of Operations will also carry responsibility for three particular areas: (1) budgets and financial management/tracking for each program; (2) contact database management and Network knowledge; and (3) data analytics in a range of areas including Network utilization and ROI for Network activities.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
- Work closely with internal clients/stakeholders and Chief Network Officer to develop annual calendar of events; review and revise calendar regularly to reflect changes or additions
- Confirm staffing for each event with individual event owners and the Chief Network Officer
- Monitor workloads across the group and recommend adjustments as needed
- For larger programs that require broader staffing from within, work with event owners and other internal managers to identify and assign resources to ensure smooth communications and execution
- For programs that require external resources or support, work with event owners on project scope and pricing
- Identify additional/alternative external resources and vendors
- Oversee key databases to ensure the information is up to date
- Support overall team technology adoption and familiarity with key database
- Develop a strong understanding of Network members and invitation processes
- Utilize available technology to improve strategies for developing invitation lists
- Develop utilization metrics and reports
- Create a tracking system and metrics to measure the role of Network programs in strengthening relationships and commercial opportunities
- Own specific areas of responsibility for the largest events, generally tied to overall staffing, timelines, execution and vendor management
- Serve as a flexible resource during intensive periods of planning and execution
- Offer on-site event support—serve with colleagues on event execution; manage participant experience and engagement with executives and guests
- Manage central calendar of team meetings and activities; develop goals and agendas for team meetings and off-sites
- Coordinate and support team hiring and training needs
The ideal candidate:
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally through previous work in operations, management, event planning/production; exposure to finance/banking/wealth management and/or family business a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Exceptional skills in key areas such as organization, communications, data analytics; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain parallel work streams; keen attention to detail
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills; ability to trouble shoot and problem solve; poise under pressure; must be able to manage through ambiguity with diplomacy
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and partners; strategic and collaborative approach
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ambition and drive; strong work ethic; track record of initiative and ownership of work
- Collaborative and flexible approach and ability to work in demanding, fast-paced environment
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.