The Event Manager will oversee the events department. Manages every aspect of events in the facility from the advance planning stages through the end of the event.
Position will recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate all front of house event staff including building security, guest services, medical staff, police and parking issues.
- Interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event related staff and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate events staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies;
implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the logistics of events throughout the Cross Insurance Arena; act as liaison for building with all parties involved in the event
- Timely and accurately communicate with building staff all requirements necessary for the events
- Prepare event estimates as determined by requirements using annual budget as a guide
- Detail event for client approval and internal communication by creating events in Event Booking online software
- Coordinate event seating layouts with box office when necessary
- Coordinate show requirements with tour production managers
- Prepare data sheet for building personnel prior to each event
- Present event previews / reviews in staff meetings
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event financial estimates and completing post-show financial settlements based on contractual requirements
- Deliver timely and accurate event information to the finance department for settlement / invoicing
- Exercises discretion and utilizes independent decision making during events that will best represent the Cross Insurance Arena and serve the client.
- Ensure that all event insurance certificates, licenses and permits required for production are obtained in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot during event preparation and during event to ensure that all event setups are correct including making decisions about policy, procedures, billing and staffing
- Oversee all production, set up, event staff, event-related contract services
- Create work schedules for event staff, security staff, police fire and EMS staff and delegate assignments and review performance and results
- Facilitate event load-ins and load-outs that are typically early in the mornings and / or late into the evenings
- Communicates in a timely fashion any / all problems and proposed solutions to the Director of Events & GM
- Receives and responds to complaints from tenants and the public or refers them to the Director of Events & GM
- Prepares events reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
- Finalizes lessee requirements including table arrangements and number and nature of support personnel (ushers, security guards, caterers & decorators)
- Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college / university with major coursework in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field required
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A / V equipment and relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Production experience involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.
Intellectual / Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment :
The intellectual / social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intellectual / Social demands :
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits.
Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including : following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including : ability to direct / motivate / inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
Physical demands :
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc;
- occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff;
constantly communicates via radio / walkie, telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
Employee may occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. As business or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift / move 100 lbs.
Work environment :
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit neuvoo.com.