Company: Started in 1981, AlliedPRA is an award-winning, full-service destination management company providing clients with a professional service resource in designing and executing destination programs. We currently have 25+ offices throughout the United States. Our services include Special Events, Transportation, Activities, Sightseeing Tours, Program Logistics, Team Building Events, Decor and Entertainment Options. Office environment is friendly, relaxed, progressive and challenging.
The Event Producer is responsible for the logistical management and execution of client events and programs and serves as the primary contact for the client during the pre-planning and operation of the client’s program. Ensures the expectations of the client are exceeded to promote client retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with Sales team to go through details of a client’s program.
- Keeps accurate notes in program files of all correspondence between clients and Event Production (e-mail, phone calls, letters, etc.).
- Negotiates and sells additional items for programs.
- Orders, confirms and re-confirms all suppliers, develops relationships with supplier/partners, negotiates and contracts terms-of-service and price including, but not limited to: service expectation levels, guarantees, cancellation, billing information, directions, etc.
- Ensures deposits for program have been received as contracted.
- Prepares and distributes trip sheets and any other relevant program information for field staff.
- Responsible for forwarding any necessary program information to the hotel representative.
- Conducts pre-con meetings with client/hotel to review all details of the program as confirmed.
- Trains and directs field staff at functions, assigning them to positions, according to their skill levels.
- Responsible for invoicing of client according to department SOPs.
- Complete program follow-up reports, approves field staff payroll and expense sheets, reconciles program advances and submits expense reports to accounting according to SOPs.
- Keeps National Sales Manager and/or DOE promptly and fully informed of all opportunities and other unusual matters and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Responsible for operating complex programs with budgets over $500,000.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant experience, or a combination thereof.
- 2 years of experience in overseeing the execution of corporate meetings, client events, and other complex programs. DMC, corporate incentive travel, hospitality or related experience highly preferred.
- Ability to manage operations functions and effectively supervise and direct Field and Office staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of clients, supplier/partners and employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client proposal requirements, contracts, financial reports, and other legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, supplier/partners, and co-workers.
- Ability to prepare reports and write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, supplier partners, and hoteliers.
- Ability to work on multiple programs with deadlines.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of AlliedPRA management and staff, venue staff, clients and supplier/partner.
- Strong mathematical skills (calculating percentages, proposals using mathematical equations).
- Working knowledge of attractions, hotels, parks, venues and supplier/partners in the local area and ability to locate new venues and supplier/partners.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Office Suite and industry specific software.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to travel to venue locations, client sites, and AlliedPRA offices as needed.
This position is frequently required to travel within the local destination market to which assigned. The following requirements apply:
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi-day site inspections with sales managers and clients.
- Ability to travel to other AlliedPRA office locations by vehicle, airplane.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties.
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy.
- 3 years of DMC experience recommended.
- Must be able to provide a high level of motivation, training and support to the Event Producer Team, particularly during peak season, by listening to their needs and assisting them with solutions to their challenges/opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit alliedpra.isolvedhire.com.