POSITION: Event Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
Summary: Responsible for coordinating client needs with building staff to proper setup and smooth operation of events.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ascertain client requirements for physical setup, security, ticketing, etc. to ensure the event runs as requested.
- Initiate and distribute required paperwork to communicate client requirements to appropriate facility departments.
- Oversee event operations, outside contractors, third-party vendors, concessionaires, etc. during events to ensure that requirements are fully addressed and executed.
- Ensure facility rules, regulations, HR policies and procedures are enforced.
- Interview, hire, supervise and schedule all part-time staff for the Event Services Department as necessary.
- Check-in part time staff for events ensuring timeliness, proper dress, posting positions for the event and conducting pre-event meetings.
- Perform upkeep of the evaluation system for the part-time Event Services staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of customer service training for all facility part-time and full-time staff.
- Maintaining Event Services departmental records as required including but not limited to applications, reports, timesheets, the company scheduling system and the time clock system.
- Receive, execute and distribute orders for electrical, phone and internet services for clients and exhibitors.
- Assist in compilation of any and all part-time Event Services employee paperwork needed for Human Resources.
- Assist Supervisors with the proper documentation to turn in to HR for any potential employee disciplinary actions.
- Assist in the inventory, organization, ordering and maintenance of Event Services equipment.
- Assist in general office administration duties as assigned by the GM including relieving the switchboard.
- Anticipate problems and develop appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and solves operational problems and complaints.
- Inventory, order and maintain Event Services equipment.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Act as point person for events and provide clients with updates as necessary for each event.
- Process Payroll utilizing ADP eTime
- Provide guidance and supervision to part-time and service staff during events.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Serve as Manager on Duty
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience and/or training through event coordination or meeting planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Customer/Guest service experience is required.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Celayix Scheduling System and E-Time Software as well as training employees in these systems.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.