Events Coordinator, Deloitte Alliances
Level: Enabling Consultant
Location: Denver preferred, but open to all US
Deloitte’s alliances organization is aligned with more than 65 of the leading technology companies to develop services and solutions for our joint clients. This dynamic, expanding organization has a new position for an Events Specialist, focused on supporting and promoting the Deloitte brand through participation in industry events.
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Events Lead, Events Specialists and Alliance Marketing Managers to support the administrative and tactical execution of events and meetings.
Work You’ll Do
- Support the Events team and/or marketing managers in activities associated with conferences, trade shows, roundtables, meetings and receptions including;
- Sourcing Management, including:
- Branded Materials
- Organize and collate all sourced items and details for presentation to alliances
- Document and provide recaps to team from weekly status calls
- Track status in project plan(s)
- Screen vendors for business relationship conflicts
- Ensure vendor database is maintained
- Registration Management, including:
- Assist with invitation and registration site building
- Assist with the distribution of pre and post show event communications
- Additional responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute final onsite documents
- Coordinate with vendors and conference producers to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Provide onsite event support: booth set-up, booth staffing, reception set-up, attendee registration as requested
- Assist in creation of templates and process management to ensure consistency across all supported alliances
- Sourcing Management, including:
- 2-4 years of corporate event coordination experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to support event project management
- Familiarity with Event registration tools and capabilities
- Business writing skills
- Understanding of large conferences and tradeshows is a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with demonstrable experience in consistently delivering high quality results
- Expertise in dealing with all management levels within an organization, and ability to thrive within a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in interpreting firm policies and objectives
- Ability to self-start and navigate the Deloitte protocols, processes and procedures efficiently and effectively to ensure event compliance and success.
Relevant Business Skills:
- Excellent team player. Effective at sharing and communicating.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while applying critical thinking skills to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and self-sufficient, successful with limited direction, upbeat and enthusiastic
- Ability to think strategically and translate into action plans and deliverables
- Ability to manage work, meet specific deadlines and honor commitments with consistent and predictable follow-up
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work well within a team, particularly in a virtual mode with remote resources
- Ability to lift up 30+ pounds
- Willing to travel 25%
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Deloitte Consulting’s Ecosystem & Alliances Team is made up of professional alliance managers, alliance marketers and technical architects who understand the principles that drive successful alliance relationships. Together, they enable differentiated, innovative go-to-market solutions between our practice and alliance partners that bring quantified value to our clients and incremental revenue to the firm.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
To apply for this job please visit jobs2.deloitte.com.