The Live Events Manager will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare’s live events business in Bangor, Maine and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
* Responsible for the overall execution and profitability of all events in the Bangor market, including budgeting, expense management, and revenue attainment.
* Must have a solid familiarity with all venues and points of contact at each venue.
* Candidate will work closely with city officials and various venues to secure dates and license events. Will also be responsible for a liquor licensing for events.
* Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff.
* Candidate will be responsible for buying talent for events.
* Will working with local sales team to drive sponsorship, vendor solicitation, booth sales,
* Will work with Townsquare programming and digital teams to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event using broadcast, digital, social and TV.
* Logistics management for all events including day of and during the planning process.
* Candidate will often be tasked with working on multiple events simultaneously while managing timelines for each
* Availability to work weekends for all planned events
* New business development –Candidate will work with Market President to source, identify and capitalize on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties in the market.
* Idea generation and implementation
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
* 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
* Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
* Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
* Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
* Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
* Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
The position will report to the VP / Market President, as well as to the corporate regional Live Events Director, who is based in Connecticut.
To be commensurate with experience.
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 320 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) and approximately 200 live events with over one million attendees each year. Our brands include local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; iconic regional and national events such as the Taste of Country Music Festival, WE Fest, Country Jam, the Boise Music Festival, the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival and Taste of Fort Collins; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.