Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane Trailers has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane Trailers has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane’s extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring for a Manager, Event & Experiential Marketing at our Savannah, GA division office.
This position if physically based in Savannah, GA only.
The Manager of Event and Experiential Marketing manages and directs strategic planning and execution for brand experiential marketing needs while being the key day-to-day client contact, maintaining a highly responsive service orientation in all interactions.
Important characteristics for success in this role are solid verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, strategic thinking, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and a proactive approach. It is also essential that this person have a clear understanding of today’s experiential marketing business, strong digital experience and a keen sense of entrepreneurship
• Provide support to Director, Revenue Marketing on planning and developing experiences needed to execute brand goals and objectives
• Build and strengthen executive level relationships through leadership, relationship building and strategic program development
• Strategic ability to conceive, develop and implement programs that build brand and provide a foundation to help drive business growth
• Deliver measurable results and provide post-event reporting and ROI analysis
• Develop and maintain an effective team through selection, training, compensation, motivation, and performance management
• Manage internal and external staff on execution and delivery of programs
• Manage financial and non-financial reporting of programs, ensuring consistency with reporting standards
• Develop appropriate communication to client, project managers or other pertinent individuals on as-needed basis
• Position yourself as a leader within the marketing team and company to help lead growth and development of organization
• Apply best practices and learnings from previous projects to elevate performance level
• Create accountability practices within department
The Experiential Marketing Manager is measured on accomplishing the goals and objectives of events as part of an integrated marketing campaign; and encouraging two way interaction and direct physical immersion into the Great Dane brand. Experiential events tend to communicate on a much more personal level, generate a deeper level of emotional engagement, and result in better conversion rates. Success criteria include:
• Clearly defined goals and objectives
• Number of A grade impressions
• Quality of impressions
• Quality of data captured
• Number of leads opting in to follow up
• Integration into current marketing programs
• Number of relevant customers
• Number of resulting sales or purchase intent
• Increase in trust and confidence in the Great Dane brand
• Minimum 6 to 8 years of event marketing, client service and team management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Motivational leadership, inspiring team to deliver top performance against business goals
• Excellent interpersonal skills – experience in client management is a necessity
• Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships with executive staff and support teams
• Experience in working with experiential marketing and the comprehension of the complexities of event management
• Strong management skills; prior internal staff management required
• Strong planning and organizational skills to effectively manage numerous programs and resources simultaneously
• Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills based in department, client and industry knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• A thoroughly developed knowledge of our industry, products and services, as well as those of our competitors
• Adept at building relationships and working in a team environment with proven track record of sharing ideas, providing encouragement, building on other’s ideas, giving due appreciation and bringing out the best in others
• Previous experience developing training materials, presentations and programming for corporate/sales audience a plus
• Willing and able to work nonstandard work hours, weekends and travel as required
• Must have professional appearance and persona with a strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
• Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
• Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
• Total Work Systems: Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes; seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; delivers the highest-quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; leverages technology to positively impact quality; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
• Travel: Travel as needed domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and background check.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.