All Job Postings will close at 12:01a.m. on the specified Posting End Date (if designated).
Job Posting Title:Manager, Event Management & Professional Education
Position Type:Professional / Unclassified
Department:LSUAM HSE – ASI – Communications and Engagement Services (Mary Presley Woods (00002664))
Work Location:0221 George Peabody Hall
Office of Communications & Engagement Services
Event Engagement & Professional Education
The Manager of Event Engagement & Professional Education provides leadership for the orchestration of all constituent engagements through special events, including professional education and life-long learning opportunities offered by the College of Human Sciences & Education (e.g., professional development, continuing education, non-degree certificate programs, conferences and workshops, specialized training, and lecture series). The Manager is responsible for coordinating these efforts across a multitude of functional internal and external entities to ensure the successful design and delivery of effective events and programming that meet the needs of the college’s diverse constituency, as well as provides assessment and reporting to demonstrate consistency with the college’s mission and strategic plan.
Event Engagement Management and Delivery
- Serves as primary contact for the college’s integrated administrative support unit charged with providing comprehensive facilitation for the delivery of event engagement and professional education programming across the schools of the college
- Ensures adequate pre-event planning and coordination, including: research on appropriate venues and vendors; event planning timeline and necessary details for event success; event related contracts, budgets, revenue and expenditures; event websites and registration processes; marketing assets and event communications; customer service functions for invitees and registrants throughout the planning process; day-of event timeline and coordinates all efforts necessary for event success, including vendors, event staff, etc.; and event assets, including name tags, programs, signage, additional event materials, etc.
- Manages event logistics, including: set up for the event (e.g., participant check in tables, general information tables, content session needs, food/beverage stations); coordination of event staff, vendors, etc.; and execution and implementation of the established event timeline and details from arrival to event breakdown
- Oversees post-event activities, including: post-event communications with attendees (e.g., feedback surveys, certificates of attendance, notification of balances due); reconciliation of vendor contracts; and closing out event budgets
Professional Education Portfolio Management
- Provides guidance on and implements the tiered levels of service and related revenue share models for CHSE professional education
- Manages the college’s portfolio of professional education opportunities (e.g., professional development, continuing education, non-degree certificate programs, conferences and workshops, specialized training, summer camps)
- Coordinates with the schools of the college on the design and development of programming based on identified professional education needs and goals
- Facilitates the securing of appropriate talent, when necessary, to deliver necessary content, including working with faculty to align identified needs with faculty capacity
Marketing and Communications
- Works with the Office of Communications & Engagement Services team to manage the college’s brand to ensure consistencies across the interdisciplinary functions of the college
- Conduct market research to identify areas of opportunity and growth for event engagement and professional education as is consistent with the mission of the college
- Engages in collaborative activities with other college support units to integrate communications and public relations, outreach and advocacy, and development opportunities via professional education and other college events
- Develops and implements marketing strategies related to event engagement and professional education
- Builds a network of potential clients among community constituents to enhance the public presence of the college as a source of life-long learning
- Research existing and emerging technology, content management systems, and content delivery systems and develop recommendations to adopt into current professional education and special events offerings
Assessment and Reporting
- Analyzes post-event feedback to measure and improve effectiveness
- Reports on college-wide event engagements and professional education activities and measures outcomes and analyzes success based on strategic plan
- Oversees all financial aspects of the college’s professional education and life-long learning enterprise
- Collaborates with the college’s Office of Finance & Administration to certify net revenue calculations for use in college’s revenue share models
- Collaborates with the college’s Office of Finance & Administration to ensure the proper distribution of resources and revenue models across multiple restricted accounts for the college, its schools, and individual faculty members
- Collaborates with appropriate continuing education unit (CEU) granting body when applicable
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years in event management.
Position Reports To: Director of Communications & Team Lead for the Office of Communications & Engagement Services
Additional Job Description
Special Instructions:Must provide cover letter, resume, official transcript(s), and pass a satisfactory background check
Posting Date:September 21, 2018
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):October 5, 2018
Additional Position Information
Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N):No
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu