Join the Education team, travel and be a part of managing over 40 events annually! Successful Education sponsored events are an essential contribution to JAX external visibility and are vital to achieve our mission!
- Provide logistical planning, supervision and onsite support for Education events, including on-campus and off-campus courses, workshops, conferences, symposia, open houses, and the Maine State Science Fair.
- Executing and supporting programs developed by Education directors, faculty and scientific organizers
- Management of websites, online registration and online evaluation programs; scheduling, and interaction with internal and external attendees
- Supervise, mentor, performance manage and establish work assignments for event planning staff including event liaison in CT, JAX hospitality staff and external caterers; organize and manage a timeline of events on and off JAX campuses
- Oversee and contribute to the administration and reconciliation of event budgets
- BA degree and ten years of directly applicable experience in event planning, course/conference delivery or similar role. Experience in higher education or scientific research institutions is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, decision-making and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time to successful conclusion. Ability to work across numerous office and web-enabled software platforms.
- Successfully managing communications with internal/external customers within all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage details of multiple and complex projects within firm schedules, set priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of activities or job duties, and effectively carry out event goals in a manner that enhances the image of the Laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and train others effectively; conflict-resolution skill previous experience managing event planning staff
Please submit a resume and cover letter of interest.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,200 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including anMBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers-jax.icims.com.