Local candidates only please as there is no relocation assistance available for this position. The successful person will have a minimum of two years of event related experience as described below and ready to take the next step to increase their responsibility level. This is not a manager role but is on that career path. If you have worked in the events field, are eager to learn from the best Event Managers in town and thrive in a team environment, you will love this role.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for assisting the Event Manager in developing and managing client programs and assisting participants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Registration Management (requires thorough knowledge of the event or program) including building registration websites, maintaining updates and providing customer service, reporting as needed to client and Program Lead and generating any participant emails or other communication, coordinating registration and hospitality desk coverage.
- Rooming List Management including ensuring accurate lists are provided to hotel and is updated along upgrades, early check-ins, etc. rooms are pre-keyed, room checks performed, managing room drops, etc.
- Vendor sourcing (ex. Speakers, band, décor, participants gifts, etc.) and preparing recommendations; making purchases, communicating instructions and on-site vendor management; processing unused supply returns; follows expense and receipts processes.
- Shipping Management (requires an understanding of timelines and hotel shipping procedures) including maintaining an updated manifest, following tracking numbers, escalating missing items, providing information to hotels, etc.
- Event Supplies Management including preparing list of supplies needed for program, ensuring items are in working order, tested and charged and safely packed, arranging supplies upon arrival.
- Transportation Manifest Management including acting as point of contact for transportation details throughout program and communicating with client or speakers to obtain flight information for transfers, researching pick-up times for returns based on destination (domestic versus international),
- Print Materials Management including creating initial print list, managing changes, proofing, delivery to site, etc.
- Social Media Management including creating an event app with direction from client and event lead and managing any social media campaigns for client.
- Assisting other Coordinators and/or Managers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in related field and 2 years experience as Event Coordinator or experience in the travel field or 4 years as an Event Coordinator.
- Proven expertise in the development and maintenance of client relationships and customer service expertise.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook, basic website development utilizing the SignUp4 and/or Cvent platform and other programs routinely used within MeetingAdvice.
- Ability to travel up to 40% and work a non-traditional schedule as required.
MeetingAdvice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurances, generous paid time off, profit sharing and up to two work from home days and more. We are conveniently located near the I-75/I-285 intersection in the beautiful Galleria Office Park.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.