Naylor Association Solutions is a dynamic, industry-leading organization dedicated to building stronger associations by delivering a combination of member engagement and revenue-generating solutions. Our solutions span all major functional areas, including publishing and communications, trade shows and events, software and web development solutions, e-learning solutions, and association advising services.
Naylor Event Solutions is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic to join our team as a Meeting Planner. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. The position involves full meeting management responsibilities, from inception to completion, for several conferences annually.
- Site selection, budgeting, promotion, logistics, selection and negotiation with vendors, event planning, registration, trade show logistics and management, cost control, and billing reconciliation. We are looking for a creative professional with proven experience planning meetings and events, experience in managing multiple projects, and interacting with senior management to:
- Manage complex meeting and convention requirements including but not limited to; invitations, registration, air and ground travel, food and beverage requirements, audio visual, amenity selection, site inspections and selection, billing reconciliation, program evaluations and follow-up with minimal direction.
- Develop and manage detailed program budgets, control documents and tracking information for every program. Complete all required documents and follow client policies and procedures to ensure compliance and continuity of all programs.
- Work with management and association clients to develop and manage meeting strategy, goals and outcomes.
- Build, maintain and manage internal and external business relationships to provide a team approach to the successful planning and implementation of all programs.
- Provide management oversight and direction for onsite and offsite vendors who provide support for meeting planning.
- Provide/ensure high quality, effective onsite support of programs that meets the needs of the business.
- Help control risks associated with attrition, cancellation and aggregate spend by supplying report updates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or equivalent Field
- Certified Meeting Planner or qualified to take CMP exam preferred
- 2+ years’ direct work experience in meeting, conference, or special event planning
- Direct work experience planning multiple back to back open meetings, with a series of international, national, regional, or local meetings
- Strong business acumen and financial negotiating skill
- Experience with contract negotiations with national hotels and vendors
- Ability to develop & maintain relationships with clients, colleague & industry contacts
- Ability to multi-task, and manage time
- Ability to travel 20-30%
To apply for this job please visit careers-naylor.icims.com.