Want to join a team that cultivates passion and drives innovation? At Axis, we believe in innovating for a smarter safer world. We just happen to provide cutting-edge security solutions across the globe. While each Axian has his or her own motivators, we all share the same core values.
We’re more than just a team here. We are a family. We care about each other, grow together and celebrate successes. Wednesday popcorn, Friday morning bagels, ping pong, and other fun activities add to the time we spend together. This isn’t your typical 9-5. It’s a way of life!
Axis’ Marketing Events team is looking for a dynamic and energetic professional to join us as our Sr. Technical Events Engineer. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Chlemsford, MA and is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of Axis demos at all conferences and tradeshows in North America.
You’ll love this position if…
- You have the attention to detail and organizational skill to create processes and systems that are used throughout the exhibit portfolio.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage your time efficiently in a fun workplace.
- You are eager to join a growing company with a great culture in the security industry.
What You’ll Do Here…
- Prepare, maintain and distribute yearly event plans, organizing travel and exhibit schedules
- Quote, negotiate, and implement specialized demonstrations for new products and exhibits, as requested
- Manage exhibit inventory, installation documentation, and third party or in-house storage locations along with standard naming convention documentation
- Budget understanding for technical exhibit needs, maintenance, and shipping; as needed
- Develop product plans for all exhibit tiers, and implement maintenance in accordance with plans and budget, including quarterly product refresh
- Maintain strong vendor relations, negotiating contracts, and training initiatives as needed
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures to be used by the Technical Events Engineers and Marketing Events Coordinators
- Onsite technical lead at predetermined events; responsible for functional operation of all Axis products, network connectivity and booth support as needed
- Suggest new product installations for all exhibits, working with local teams and Technical Events Manager/Team Lead
- Work through peer Technical Events Engineers to maintain historical data of post event reconciliations
- Collaborate and communicate pertinent information among Marketing Event Coordinators and Global Technical Events Team
- Technical Events Engineer Onboarding and compliance training
What We Are Looking For…
- Strong attention to detail
- Mentor and Leadership qualities
- Ability to responsibly prioritize in a time sensitive environment
- Inventory control
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Quick problem solving
- Flexible team player
- Strong time management skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
What You’ll Need…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field
- 4+ years working in a related position or industry
- Experience in IP networking
- Experience with tradeshows or technical events
Valued but not required skills or experience:
- Experience in a technical support environment, help desk or technical training preferred
- Background in video surveillance, networking or computer hardware
- Project management
- Axis Certified Professional
- Employee is occasionally required to lift 50-75 lbs.
- This position is expected to maneuver, unload, and assemble a structure that is transported within a fiber crate that is on wheels.
- The approximate weight of the fully loaded crate is 800lbs.
- Pieces of the structure could weigh as much as 75lbs
- Pieces of the structure need to be assembled at heights of up to 7 feet, using a small step stool
- Expected travel time for this position is up to 50-75%
What we have to offer…
Axis is more than a rock-star culture with cutting-edge innovation. Axis is a company that puts our employees first. Here’s just a glimpse of what we do for our Axians:
- Inspire you to grow and develop through employer-offered training as well as tuition reimbursement
- Take care of more than just the ‘work you’, but rather the ‘whole you’ through our health, dental, vision, and fitness health & wellness programs
- Support parents & their kids through paid parental leave and help to alleviate the cost through a dependent care reimbursement account
- Encourage work/life balance with a generous vacation policy – not to mention, our paid sabbatical program at your 5-year anniversary, allowing you to relax and unwind for an extended period of time
- Help prepare for your life after retirement through our 401(K) program
Our leaders have a true mentorship approach that welcomes creativity and out-of-the-box thinking while fostering endless learning. Whether you want to further your education, change careers, travel to exotic places, or join a work-hard play-hard organization, at Axis, you get a life – one that offers personal and professional balance and encourages you to be the best version of yourself. It really is that kind of place! Why imagine what it’s like when you could be one of nearly 3000 Axians worldwide contributing to the culture and innovation.
Taking the first step to be an Axian is easy – all you have to do is apply!
To apply for this job please visit axis.easycruit.com.