The Indianapolis Zoo, rated by Trip Advisor as one of the top ten zoos in the country, is located in the heart of exciting downtown Indianapolis, and services 1.1 million guest annually. We have a part-time opening for a Special Events Installer. The successful candidate must be at least 18 years of age, have basic maintenance work experience, with experience in custodial or janitorial positions preferred. A High School Diploma or GED is preferred, but not required. Basic experience with forklifts, high lifts, carpentry, electrical, and power tool skills is a plus.
The Special Events Installer will also assist (as needed) with waste handling, recycling, and snow removal. Work is performed indoors and outdoors, requiring work in all kinds of weather, exposed to temperatures ranging from -10 to 90+ degrees.
Good working knowledge of hand tool and motorized equipment (vehicles, small engines, some heavy equipment) use. Understanding of audio/video component integration (compatibility, usage, terminations) is preferred. Must be able to verbally converse, and listen with comprehension. Good visual acuity and hearing required. Finger and hand dexterity of great importance.
There is a significant amount of walking, prolonged standing, climbing ladders and scaffolding, stooping, and kneeling. On occasion, heavy lifting including exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Install lighting for Christmas at the Zoo (CATZ)
- Assist in the day-to-day operations including but not limited to: upkeep and cleaning of the zoo’s ground and facilities
- Set-up and tear down of tables, chairs, AV Equipment, and clean rooms before and after events
- Must also possess a valid Indiana driver’s license, and be insurable by the Zoo’s insurance carrier (no more than 5 points on record).
- Ability to perform physical demands of the job.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work week.
- Excellent attendance and dependability are required.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment, as well as work independently in a productive, efficient manner.
Interested candidates must complete an on-line application at http://www.indianapoliszoo.com/contact/employment-and-volunteers/zoo-staff-employment .
ONLY ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
In the “Position Desired” section of the on-line application, please enter “Special Events Installer”.
Faxed, mailed, and delivered resumes will not be considered. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing, including drug tests, driving record check, and criminal history checks.
The Indianapolis Zoo is an EOE/ Drug Free/Smoke Free Work Environment.
To apply for this job please visit click.appcast.io.