Are you results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and influential?
If you are passionate about making a positive difference and want to join the largest, oldest, and leading premier nonprofit organization within child welfare, Children’s Home Society of Florida is for you!
The Special Events Manager will create and execute special funding events, initiatives, and donor stewardship events to achieve goals. Overall, the Special Events Manager contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that keep CHS as the premier provider of child, family and behavioral health support services.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite
- Generous paid time off including holidays
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
Manages and executes fund raising special events to achieve CHS mission priorities and income targets:
- Responsible to execute a portfolio of community-based events, with accountability for significant income targets, as well as event-related mission and advocacy activities. Promotes goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of event volunteers.
- Accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of community-based events, distinguished events, and other community fundraising events.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to execute successful events through time management.
- Responsible to implement best practices for event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovations at the event level.
- Responsible to monitor financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan; take appropriate measures to meet goals providing a high return on investment in meeting revenue targets.
- Engage, recruit, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful event execution.
- Engage the community to drive increased event participation; including but not limited to event committee, teams, team members, sponsors and youth engagement.
- Utilize available tools and processes to maximize event results, including online fundraising.
- Utilize and respond to customer experience survey, comparative event and success factors data.
- Facilitate volunteer retention and provides meaningful volunteer recognition.
- Utilize defined processes to provide timely and accurate event data entry.
- Verifies compliance with CHS policies, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Model and foster behavior that establishes a culture that values the team members/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the values, goals and objectives of CHS.
Contribute to an engaging, positive work environment:
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality management process.
- Comply with CHS policies, procedures, code of conduct, contracts and other legal obligations.
- Assist with training other team members and providing back up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond Values in the performance of all job duties.
- Relationship building, interpersonal, individual and group motivation
- Planning, project management, organization and time management
- Oral and written communication, including presentation and platform
- Collaboration and teamwork, consulting and facilitation, coaching and mentoring
- Computer-based information systems and software, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Philanthropy or related degree from an accredited university
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or related field
To apply for this job please visit careers-chsfl.icims.com.