Job ID 205162
Date posted 08/21/2018
The Technical Specialist is responsible for the set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction. Team Members in this role have at least one Level 1 Specialty. This position reports to a Project Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Collaborates with internal team on event solutions pre event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to technical, sales and operations team members to develop technical skills as needed.
- Performs advanced work (pre/during/post event) with operations team members.
- Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
- Assists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
Required Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of field experience in specialty area is required.
- 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
- Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives.
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles. Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Develops Talent
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
|Physical Requirements||Hours Per Day||Lifting Requirements||Frequency|
|Sitting||2-3 hours||Lifting 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Standing||4-5 hours||Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Walking||4-5 hours||Lifting 51 – 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Stooping||2-3 hours||Lifting Over 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Kneeling||2-3 hours||Carrying Requirements||Frequency|
|Bending||2-3 hours||Carrying 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Reaching (above your head)||2-3 hours||Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Climbing||0-1 hours||Carrying 51 – 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Grasping||4-5 hours||Carrying Over 100 lbs||Never|
|Auditory/Visual Requirements||Frequency||Pushing/Pulling Requirements||Frequency|
|Close Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Distance Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Color Vision||Frequently||Pushing/Pulling 51 – 100 lbs*||Frequently|
|Peripheral Vision||Occasionally||Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Depth Perception||Frequently||*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.|
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.psav.com.