The Technical Supervisor leads floor operations with a focus on customer service, staff leadership and development. The Technical Supervisor directly leads the technical team to ensure operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction. This role may also participate in location administrative duties in support of onsite operations and for career development. This position reports to the DET, DOO, or Operations Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Assists in training technicians on all floor activities and on hotel and PSAV service expectations.
- Serves as a mentor for new hires.
- Models and reinforces a positive working environment centered around company values.
- Organizes the daily floor activities to ensure the timely set up, refresh and removal of equipment.
- Performs daily floor management including directing the workflow of technicians and assisting management with labor needs and scheduling.
- Ensures the equipment sheets are updated and properly completed.
- Works with team to establish coordinated communications for the management of events.
- Attends venue meetings as needed (example = banquet event orders or pre-event conferences)
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to keep it presentable and in good working condition.
- Leads the team in proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in physical inventory count processes as requested.
- Can do attitude
- Excellent customer service
- Quick learner
- Ability to work flexibly between locations and working hours
- Business awareness
- Ability to work both within a team and individually
- Effective leader
- Excellent communication
- Works well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 3-5 year of audio visual experience is required.
- Knowledge of technical theory.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience leading workflow and team members.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Directs Work
- Decision Quality
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
|Physical Requirements||Hours Per Day||Lifting Requirements||Frequency|
|Sitting||2-3 hours||Lifting 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Standing||4-5 hours||Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Walking||4-5 hours||Lifting 51 – 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Stooping||2-3 hours||Lifting Over 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Kneeling||2-3 hours||Carrying Requirements||Frequency|
|Bending||2-3 hours||Carrying 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Reaching (above your head)||2-3 hours||Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Climbing||0-1 hours||Carrying 51 – 100 lbs (2+ persons)||Occasionally|
|Grasping||4-5 hours||Carrying Over 100 lbs||Never|
|Auditory/Visual Requirements||Frequency||Pushing/Pulling Requirements||Frequency|
|Close Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 0 – 15 lbs*||Continuously|
|Distance Vision||Continuously||Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*||Frequently|
|Color Vision||Frequently||Pushing/Pulling 51 – 100 lbs*||Frequently|
|Peripheral Vision||Occasionally||Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs||Occasionally|
|Depth Perception||Frequently||*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.|
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit jobs.psav.com.