Website The Melody Event Center & Ballroom
Location: Portland, OR
Pay: Base + Commission (Average Annualized Compensation: $45-60k)
Hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, weekdays. Also some weekends and evenings.
The Job in a Nutshell:
Here at The Melody Event Center we are looking for upbeat, positive person who is money-motivated and wants a fun work environment in the event industry. You will work as part of our event team, selling event spaces, meeting room spaces, onsite catering, and complete event packages to our existing and prospective clients. We are a full-service event venue for weddings, banquets, meetings, conferences, and corporate events, so confident, professional communication skills are a must!
What You Will Love Doing:
- Working with inbound customer inquiries, answering phone calls, prospecting for new business using our past customer files as well as through outbound efforts.
- Making sales calls and engaging phone prospects in consultative dialogue.
- Set appointments, prepare proposals, give venue tours and sales presentations to prospects.
- Meet and greet clients the day of event.
- Closing sales ethically by solving prospects’ needs through The Melody Event Center’s offerings.
- Staying current on the event industry trends.
- Performing some event planning and administrating tasks.
- Use social media to communicate and attract prospects.
- Continuously improve through consistent and ongoing sales training.
- Meet event sales targets.
- Manager an event after booking.
To Fit the Bill:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Speaking Spanish preferred, but not required
- Hospitality and/or event experience preferred.
- You must look sharp and professional
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Efficient computer skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
- Must have an eye for details
- Happy, positive attitude and go-getter mentality
- Quick, eager learner, teachable and coachable
- Be a team player
About The Melody Event Center:
The Melody has been around as an event venue in Portland since 1989 previously known as Melody Ballroom. We are located in the 1925 historic landmark building. We offer 5 distinct spaces. Our crown jewel is The Melody Grand Ballroom which can accommodate up to 800 guests. The venue is centrally located with easy access to public transit. We have been featured in the Wedding Wire as Portland’s premier wedding venue. At the moment we are in the final stages of a complete building renovation and business rebranding. In addition to weddings and banquets, the renovated spaces allow us to host a variety of other types of events such as conferences, meetings, fundraisers, quinceaneras, tradeshows, educational events, and corporate events.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.