Position Summary: Responsible for daily administrative support for the Vice President, Administrative Services, and the Manager of Special Events & Trade Shows.
- Assists Manager with input of event orders, market general set and special event sheets
- Under the supervision of the Trade Show Manager, coordinates meeting room assignments to include speaking with the customer, assigning rooms, executing contracts, processing payment, checking rooms for proper set and post-use check of space
- Coordination of on-site events, checking set-up/status; calling in items that need attention
- Maintains current signage inventory; assists with tracking of signage orders to include spreadsheet input, communicating with associates and GES; helps ensure signs are delivered, placed and picked up
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files as requested
- Supports markets assisting as necessary and/or requested
- Creates and manages the “Room Utilization Grid”
- Coordinates tenant storage to include sending contracts, assigning space, checking rooms, meeting with customers and ensuring rooms are vacated at the end of the contracted period; maintains the list of used and available storage rooms
- Using ExpoCad, assists with floor plan update
- Assists with Exhibitor Kit production
- Provide Show Office assistance to include issuing of contracts/agreements, storage, and fielding other questions as necessary, manning office and other duties as required
- Inputs contracts for Dillard’s and market events
- Assists Exhibitor Relations with floor checks, signage inspections/assistance
- Maintains Event and Tradeshow filing system
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related experience in Event Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Oracle, Skipjack, and ExpoCad a plus
- Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority for work shift
- Market Activities/Daily Events – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
To apply for this job please visit dallasmarketcenter.com.