Campus Life- Event & Conference Services
Event & Conference Services at UMBC is dedicated to delivering high-quality event services to the campus and broader community. We provide a professional customer service experience to over 22,000 event and meeting requests annually with our dedicated advisors, technical event production expertise, and the necessary resources to host successful meetings, events, and conferences. We achieve a consistently high-level service experience for our partners through open communication, our willingness to serve, and our passion for success.
The Assistant Director for Event and Conference Services will provide strategic leadership, management, guidance, and day-to-day oversight for the introduction, promotion, scheduling, planning and production of campus-based events and conferences. Reporting to the Associate Director of Campus Life Operations, the incumbents specific duties include:
- Supervision of event advisors and technical event production
- Facilitating weekly meetings with the Events Team to review events and problem-solve issues
- Preparing weekly reports for effectiveness and efficiency
- Resolving issues related to non-academic space at UMBC, to include technology systems, posting policies and contracts
- Generating revenue through conference programs and external vendors
- Overseeing and enforcing procedures, guidelines and expectations related to information systems and workflow (e.g. 25Live, Basecamp, Box, and DocuSign)
- Review and approve administrative tasks (e.g. contract pre-approval, procurement approval, reconciliation and leave request)
- ConBilling preparation and submission
- Budget Assistance
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of progressive responsibility in student union management, event management, hospitality management, or related area.
A Master’s degree is preferred in Higher Education, Hospitality Management, Business, or related field.
Background Screening Statement:
A background check will be required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references (including current telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) with your application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 23, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
To apply for this job please visit listings.umbc.edu.